Kate's Education Website

A collection of education projects

Teaching Philosophy

Throughout the past 2 semesters, I have been taking a variety of classes focused around different key area’s of elementary education. Through a combination of these classes as well as my own teaching experience, I have come to find some key area’s that I want to focus my teaching philosophy around. The main area that my teaching philosophies comes from is U.D.L (Universal Design for Learning).

For my Wednesday visits, I was at Prospect Lake elementary School. Through my classroom exposure and conversations with my mentor teacher Mrs. Russell, I began to see the importance of accommodating to different learners and learning styles inside the classroom. I was quite interested in learning the different ways UDL is used within an elementary classroom, so I decided to do my EDCI 250 Inquiry all about U.D.L. As I have gone on, his semester U.D.L has been something I have incorporated into my EPHE 310 and 311 lesson and unit plans. As I move forward, I hope to gather more resources and sample activities that can be used to encourage students to engage in classroom activities.