Kate's Education Website

A collection of education projects

Supporting Artifacts

This TedTalk video shows Dr. Brady rom Oxford university speaking about UDL and its importance for both students and educators. I decided to include this video, because in the first half of his presentation, he touches on the importance of support systems. Unfortunately, it can be difficult  to get external support sometimes. U.D.L is one, of many solutions that educators can take to proactively create a more inclusive learning system.

Universal Design for Learning | Understood – For learning and thinking differences

The article “Universal Design for Learning: A Teacher’s Guide” is an excellent starting resource. U.D.L is something that can take time to understand and incorporate into your classroom, as every classroom and every learner has a different set of learning needs. Within this article, many great resources are listed. For example, they discuss what it looks like in the classroom, as well as providing a video showing what it looks like in action.

The quote in the image that you see above has been one that I actually have above my desk and at home work space. This reminder that U.D.L can be flexible and adaptable is an aspect that I am continuing to learn more about.