Kate's Education Website

A collection of education projects

Keeping It Local

This week, I decided to start close to home and explored some local trails and wonders that Victoria has to offer. Currently, I am living in the UVic area, and have been wanting to explore some local trails and locations.  I started off my Saturday morning with a walk down to Cadboro Bay.  Living so close to a beach is such a wonderful feature and has some amazing views to offer both early in the morning and later on at night, although it can get quite chilly down there! If you go when the tide is low, you can walk quite far around Caddy bay

Mystic Vale Trail

On Sunday, I decided to walk the Mystic Vale trail at the University of Victoria. This trail has been of my go-to walks since I learned about it during my first year living on campus. At the back of parking lot 1, there is an entrance to the tail or you can enter the side of the trail off of Cedar Hill X Road. One of my favorite ways to enjoy this trail is going just after sunrise. When the light starts to hit the trees, it is a gorgeous sight to see. If you are lucky, sometimes you can see deer drinking out of the stream down there. Be warned though, the trail is unpaved, so wear some shoes you don’t mind getting dirty.